[Hpn] Hey.. no fair

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 11:57:59 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C02555.84B6E340

Yes.  Come to my workshop.  Listen.  Learn.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: unclescam <unclescam@buskers.org>
    To: Lucinda Houston <lucy@efn.org>
    Cc: hpn@lists.is.asu.edu <hpn@lists.is.asu.edu>
    Date: Saturday, September 23, 2000 1:34 AM
    Subject: Re: [Hpn] Hey.. no fair
   =20
    so=20
      teach them to go to the government and beg / demand the benefits =
due childbearing humans. dependency on a bureaucracy. is this the way to =
empower folks?=20
      how do you beat the landlord ?=20
       how do we locate and bring this information to the targeted =
population ? how do we locate the target. do we have to wait for them to =
come out ?=20
      loads o questions. take your time.=20
     =20
    Lucinda Houston wrote:=20

    I would advise her to be signing up for section 8 housing, like real =
quick, as soon as possible, because it's a considerable waiting list, =
but worthwhile waiting for, and I'd advise her to=20
    learn how to take care of it, and keep it, and keep her rental =
reputation, so that home could lead to another, and I'd also tell her =
how very important it is to put things in writing, and how=20
    to fight and win over a bad landlord if he doesn't give her her =
money back when he should.=20
    I might tell her all sorts of things, unclescam.=20
    I know a few single people who receive housing.. I'm not sure, yet, =
how the rules work on that, yet..=20

         and, unclescam, the "jobs" program in Oregon will fix your =
car.. or buy you one.  They'll pay for your drivers test, and insurance, =
too.  They only give you what you ask, though.. so if you want one =
months insurance payment, that may be all they send, but if you pay for =
6 months at a time, and that is what you ask for, you will get it.  It =
all goes under "resources", unclescam.  Still, I like to pick the things =
in the community I happen to be living in that are still lacking, and =
create awareness of them.=20
            -----Original Message-----=20
            From: unclescam
            what would you teach a young ,single,female with child about =
being homeless, before the fact.=20
            it seems with the housing costs goin up there's gonna be =
more of the this largest group of homeless folks to deal with. teach em =
campin techniques? where to find a squat? what's the deal with welfare =
motels in the middle of nowhere, and no transport.?=20

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C02555.84B6E340

Yes.  Come to my = workshop. =20 Listen.  Learn.
-----Original = Message-----