[Hpn] Re: inviting others

Tom Boland wgcp@earthlink.net
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 21:59:17 -0700 (PDT)

"Lucinda Houston" <lucy@efn.org> wrote:
>     I was hoping to invite some others to explore  our postings and
>archives.  I gave them the address we use to post.   One fellow emailed me
>and said he'd tried but was having all kinds of problems  and will try
>again, later. Is there a way to invite others in to explore  here?  And
>what is it?

Lucinda, anyone online can read HPN Archives by following the URL's in my
**signature** at the end of all of my posts.

However, only homeless and ex-homeless people can subscribe and post to HPN
"directly".  If any listmember, yourself included, wants to post a
never-homeless person's emails, do so by "forwarding" their email through
your "subscribed listmember email address", which in your case is
<lucy@efn.org>.  In short, If you choose, you can send us emails from
"others" who are not HPN subscribers.

Posts to HPN from not-subscribed addresses will be "bounced" by HPN's
computer software, which means that the "bounced" post will not be emailed
to listmembers.

Hope this helps.  Write ON! -- Tom Boland, HPN listworker <wgcp@earthlink.net>