[Hpn] Catholic Church and the Homeless!

George M Weinert V georgemvw69@hotmail.com
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:43:08 CDT

Subject: Help?
Visit http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/CerfSt/jazzman59/nohome.htm
for the TRUTH ABOUT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH and the HOMELESS!!
And read on, Brother or Sister...........
>Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 08:26:44 -0700 (PDT)
Thursday, Sep 22, 2000.
Can SOMEONE OUT THERE PLEASE HELP?!?!?
I was sitting on the steps of our Chapel of the Holy Rosary this morining at
about 5:45 am when a lady came up, and informed me that if I did not leave,
or attempted to go into the Chapel to Say A Rosary she was going to CALL THE
POLICE!!! Now is THIS the way that the Eoman Catholic Church operates? Is
THIS the way we put the teachings of Jseus Christ into action?
Our Saint Philomena Web Site at http://home.CatholicWeb.com/stphils is still
listed as "Under COnstruction" and support@CatholicWeb.com STILL has not
told me why, nor why my account at ezweb.CaholicWeb.com has been altered so
it is unusable.  PIty, since I have had the Archodiocese of Chicago add that
link to THEIR HOME PAGE and when folks follow it they will get this "Under
Construction" stuff - BTW this linke ALSO has been registered with ALL THE
MAJOR SEARCH ENGINES - and IS NOW NOT FUNCTIONAL - why?!?!?!
This is the Catholic way to do things????
Ok, so it gets better yet! Now, I almost get assulted statying in an
abandoned garage, get threatened with arrest by the neighobors, and STILL no
one is willing to lend a hand to help!
Sheesh, folks - THIS IS ABSURD!!! Please see the following.
>Ok, here we go again! Now, if I have been corresponding with you in the
>past, or am currently getting in touch with you there a few things that
>must be said - I've been in a bad financial situation recently and am once
>again amongst the homeless - details follow.
>HI, can somebody out there help me?!?!? I am currently
>(temporarily) homeless, quite lterally sleeping in an
>abandoned garage with my cats (7 of them) and surving
>on food stamps (which ran out until the 26th of this
>month) and food pantries. I have over 18 years CS
>experience (see my resume at
>http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/CerfSt/jazzman59/resume.htm)
>- a Masters in Music Composition, a Bachelors in Music
>Composition, 2/3rds of a Masters in Computer Science -
>but with the exception of a few small contracts here
>and there have been fundamentally unemployed for about a
>year - in that time, lost the home I lived in for 47
>years, have been living in shelters and "Christian"
>recovery homes for the last year and a half and
>surviving in the afore-mentioned manner. Yes, I have
>contacted all the necessay agencies, to no avail - and
>I still wind up sleeping in an abdandoned garage!
>sheesh, this is absurd!!!
>We are in booming economy, I have qualifications up
>the kazoo, and here this happens.
>Now, folks - I need shelter, and simply a chance to
>get on my feet - and a few weeks to get a  decent job
>and get situtation. I have small needs, but do have
>three adults cats and a two kittens to consider.
>I do not drink have been a member of AA for 15 years,
>and chaired hundreds of meetings - never did drugs.
>Am Catholic, attend mass daily and recieve communion
>every morning, and say five rosaries a day as well.
I also maintain our Church Web Site at
http:/home.CatholicWeb.com/stphils
as a volunteer for our Parish. NOw, our Church, St. Philomena Parish at 1921
N Kedvale, Chi, IL 60639 (773) 489-1100 has forbidden me to
enter our Chapel of the Holy Rosary - on the basis of rumors and
(unspecified) "Complaints about you" - (such as assertions that I sleep in
the Chapel, I bring food in the chapel, I bathe in the chapel - none of
which are true, BTW) - so 1.) I have no place AT ALL to go when it is
raining or there is shooting in the alley or nearby and 2.) I have been more
or less ostracized by some of our parish <who HAVE NOT been there for 49
years, BTW and DO NOT attend daily Mass and recieve communion) and 3.) for
some MYSTERIOUS REASON that parish website I have worked so hard to put up
has been altered to make it look as if it is "Under Construction" and the
password has been change so I am denied access to update our parish
information - LORD HAVE MERCY!
>God Has a reason for this, but I'm kinda getting to
>feel like Job now!
>Is there ANYONE out there in cyberland that can
>help?
>May Almighty God Bless and Keep You, George
>please respond to:
>georgemvw69@hotmail.com
>So it is time for truth
>or consequences, so to speak. I have been an
>indenpendtnt consutant for 12 years, and about 5 years
>ago ran into a very bad financial deal, which forced
>me to take out a home equity loan on my home - I two
>years later ran into another financial disaster and
>thsu wa uneable to pay off the loan. Two years ago in
>Oct. I lost my home and became homeless - well, for
>the last year and  a half I have been variously living
>in shelters, "Christian" recovery homes and abandoned
>garages. Sounds wild, but for a single male there are
>NO comprehenvive sources of help available. Anyway, if
>you have an 800 number, please let me know - when your
>only income is food stampes (and an ocassional short
>term contract that does not provide much) spare change
>for phone calls is difficult to come by - so let me
>know - of if you will accept a coolect call that will
>do also.
>Now, I have once again been forced to stay in an
>abandoned garage and am also caring for an epilectic
>friend who has special needs (another homeless woman)
>- so if communications are kinda messed up, please
>forgive me.
>Anyway, let me know - I would love to find a way out
>of the mess I have found myself in for almost two
>years and in this economy, with my experience there
>MUST be a way to get something line up.
So, if you've got a JOB let me know - anywhere, anytime is just fine with me
- but it looks like it's back to the church and the abandoned garage for a
while, so if you've got a Web Developer, WebMaster, Visual Basic 6.0, SQL
Server or MS Access gig DO let me know post haste.
I started on the Internet back in 1980, long before anyone ever heard of it
at all - they called it Arpanet back then (see an Internet History book or
text file) and have been a SYSOP/Webmaster for 15 years as well as a Data
Base Developer for 20 years - see my resume for full details.
>May God Bless and Keep You,
>George V
georgemvw69@hotmail.com
And the respone of the Catholic Church, when I expressed an interest in
their WebMaster position at http://archdiocese-chgo.org was "Sorry, the
decision has already been made, and we have an outside contultant" = in
other words, "Screw you George - stay in that garage" - May God Be Praised.
- and my respone has been....
well thanks much for the suggestions and ideas - see, the problem is this is
just the same old Stuff (word altered for mortal sin's sake) - "Gee, sorry
George - so what if you're qualified, so what if portions of our site look
laughable, so what if it takes a few more weeks to get it allright? Well, we
won't even TALK TO YOU ABOUT THIS since we ALREADY have made our decision
(Despite the fact that the website there is PITIFUL for a major church
diocese and DESPITE the fact that I have OFFERED to fix some of the problems
there <Such as outdated link and page loading) FOR FREE!! - sorry, no time.
So what if you're in real physical danger (not to mention rain and cold) -
and you can't even GO TO CHURCH and SAY a Rosary to be safe anymore because
of some vicious lies and rumors? So what if ALL the work you did at that St.
Philomena Web Site was a wasate, since someone has altered the password so I
can no longer make updates? So what if when I go to our Food Pantry with a
simple "I'm hungry, can I get something to eat?" - Phil (the director) looks
at me and says "no."? And the BEST OF ALL - so what if four years ago, when
i realized that i might loose my home and become homeless, when I went to
our Pastor at the time, the Rev. Robert Coleman and explained the situation,
and begged him if he could refere me to any Caholig agencies that could help
he ALSO looked at me very coldly and said simply "No"? ( I did loose the
house, BTW and wound up in a shelter for a year and half)
So, THIS is the Catholic Church that I have been defending and supportying
for these 49 years? And THIS is the church that my family has been working
for and supporting for 90 years?
Sheesh, if this were a MOVIE SCRIPT you guys could NOT DO BETTER!!!
But, who the hell cares about some homeless bum anyway, eh? Just ignore him
and he'll go away (or be killed some nite and them he can't  bother us
anymore) -
So, ok I'll adopt some of your suggestions, but I seem to recall that when
Jesus was asked a simliar questions, he replied "if you tell a man about God
and love, but fail to help him with shelter, food and the bare essentials (a
JOB being one of those) you are an Adbomination in the eyes of God" - I{ll
look it up for you, so you can find it in your own Bible.
Well, THANKS much for everything - SO NOW the WHOLE WORLD can find out about
this thing.

May Almighty God Bless and Keep You Always, George V