[Hpn] Somebody give me an axe...

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:15:50 -0700

Casual, Joseph, and thank you.  (smile and admire).
-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Reynolds <reynolds@webmail.pe.net>
To: Luc <lucy@efn.org>
Cc: hpn@lists.is.asu.edu <hpn@lists.is.asu.edu>
Date: Thursday, September 21, 2000 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Hpn] Somebody give me an axe...

>Dear Lucy,
>  Welcome to the club, or use axe if you prefer. As a newbie to the web,
conps and HPN I've experienced similar frustrations. I"ve be homeless since
Mayday in '99. I love to read your words so please keep them coming. And
don't worry - it only gets worse, ever have the  micros oft defrag program
crash? I did. Hen there was that time neither bluelight nor freelane would
connect. Of course I had forgotten to plug the line from my laptop to the
phone line!
>  Anyway Lucy you're a treasure, keep writing!
>  My usual acess is through 1/2 hr. sessions at the library  and an unusual
back-door in the catalog network computers (! ?)or using this kiosk for an
email service. BTW, I collect email accts like some people eat chocolate!
> I even have a  web-page that doesn't work right, as soon as I can get my
comp back online I'm going to try to fix it and update also. Take a look if
you get the chance  at  www.geocities.com/jos_reyn. Criticism welcome.
>  Locally a group made the paper a while back for having a new training
program involving computer tech for homelesss and poor. I got myself down to
the shelter that day to try to get into the program. Got told that "none of
you bums are going near those machines", that the program was open to long
standing church members only. I remember when he'd once told me how "Jesus
had led him there to help his brothers". I guess he'd put me in my place.

=