[Hpn] Somebody give me an axe...

Joseph Reynolds reynolds@webmail.pe.net
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:26:42 1

Dear Lucy,
  Welcome to the club, or use axe if you prefer. As a newbie to the web, conps and HPN I've experienced similar frustrations. I"ve be homeless since Mayday in '99. I love to read your words so please keep them coming. And don't worry - it only gets worse, ever have the  micros oft defrag program crash? I did. Hen there was that time neither bluelight nor freelane would connect. Of course I had forgotten to plug the line from my laptop to the phone line!
  Anyway Lucy you're a treasure, keep writing!
  My usual acess is through 1/2 hr. sessions at the library  and an unusual back-door in the catalog network computers (! ?)or using this kiosk for an email service. BTW, I collect email accts like some people eat chocolate!
 I even have a  web-page that doesn't work right, as soon as I can get my comp back online I'm going to try to fix it and update also. Take a look if you get the chance  at  www.geocities.com/jos_reyn. Criticism welcome.
  Locally a group made the paper a while back for having a new training program involving computer tech for homelesss and poor. I got myself down to the shelter that day to try to get into the program. Got told that "none of you bums are going near those machines", that the program was open to long standing church members only. I remember when he'd once told me how "Jesus had led him there to help his brothers". I guess he'd put me in my place.
  Ah well, never mind that sort! Like I wrote, please keep writing!
                                Respectfully yours,
                                Jos