[Hpn] Digital Dividing

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:43:06 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Twig Meeks <s_meeks99@yahoo.com>
Cc: NASNA <nasna@onelist.com>
Date: Thursday, September 21, 2000 9:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Hpn] Digital Dividing

>Anitra;
>
>That is the first instance I have heard that people
>cannot use public computers to access e-mail.
>Especially for a dis-abled person (Did you know that
>the mouse was originaly designed so people without
>full use of hands could use a computer?)
> This sounds like a flagrant violation of our First
>Amendment rights (freedom of speech/expression).
>In this "brave new" digital world we live in, the
>exchange of e-mail is in the forefront of exchanging
>ideas and information, and in this virtual world, (as
>this list is but one example); the right to peacefully
>assemble.
> From the story that you are relating, this library is
>definitely in gross violation of our basic rights. The
>public library system was instituted so the general
>public may have access to information via
>books/magazines etc. and now through the internet.
>And any hampering of this basic mission should result
>in a public action against the library. Best course of
>action is to document other similar grievances, and
>then petition the City, also circulating through the
>local Congressional Rep for that region.
>
>Peace and Solidarity;
>Twig

Twig, you are right..  I ran across those issues when typing in the
DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS.  The entire declaration is listed under
"Upcoming topics", a link to click next to "The Constitution,  You have the
right to be respected.  Please use it for reference.  The easiest road there
is going to http://www.macro-society.com, then clicking on the community
link at the bottom, and that is where you will find this resource.
I invite any of you to join the site, as it concerns you, and is aimed at
lifting us all.  With the help of some new friends I've met and connected
with who are helping me "free up" the conversation, I think we can go places
with it.
Love, Lucinda.
P.S.  ..I like a lot of company.  Luv ya.