[Hpn] More on Camping..

Harmony Foster Kieding fosterharmony@savethisplanet.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:23:39 -0700

   Lucinda,

   I agree with you about the effects of friendly vs. unfriendly shelters/day
centers, etc.
   The Day Center in San Luis Obispo,California when BT (my husband)and I were
there last year, had gotten like an armed camp. People coming for lunch were
subject to police strip-searches, etc. And the rules were doled out in a Gestapo-like
atmosphere. Things weren't much better trying to use the Internet at the SLO
library, either. There was a librarian from Hell who had me in tears, simply
because I wanted to show BT a website about homeless resources.
   Hmmmm...*envisioning a Siskel/Ebert type of review about homeless shelters,
here* "We give this place two thumbs down!!*

 Harmony

 Harmony's HomePage
 http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7076/frames.html