[Hpn] More on Camping..

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:20:58 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C0226E.BDA49240

I'm sorry, for one thing, even with the explanations, I still did not =
get the idea of exactly how to reply, or set the hpn address into a =
response.. in fact, each time I do this, I have to scroll up to welcome =
to hpn! and click on the link.  I can't even get it into my address =
book.  I'm very illiterate in a lot of departments when it comes to the =
computer.  When someone comes up with easy to read and follow =
instructions with a "for example" section, I'll heap praise on that man, =
because I have seen I'm not the only one who doesn't clearly know how =
(I've received duplicates from other users).  I see some of you know =
how, and no doubt if you were sitting next to me at the computer you =
could just say "Just do this", and you would show me, and I would know =
from then on.
I would appreciate it if somebody could come up with something that is =
easily and clearly understood.  (with an example).
I agree that education for newcomers wouldn't be a bad idea.
I'm also one for being casual.  I don't like strict, stuffy =
environments, and beleive in the peace and privacy of individuals.
One of my worse complaints about a couple of shelters in Eugene, is that =
they were down right rude and mean to people.  At least one of them, got =
into what I consider a very dangerous thing, becoming a private group of =
advocates who... this is very difficult to say, were practicing anything =
but love.  There were some very good and promoting elements involved =
with their organizations, but the hurt and pain was overwhelming to me.  =
It was them against us.  It was a petty environment but a price one had =
to pay, to survive another day.
If those are the kind of shelters you'd like to boycott, unclescam, I =
can certainly understand.  I understand their perspective to a point.  =
They think just like a manager of mine who feels obligated to constently =
insult.. she believes it is the best policy, and good for people, and by =
that belief, which I am aware of and can recognize, I forgive her.  I =
know she is just ignorant.  I know they are, too.
What she doesn't know is that I excel in a friendly environment, with =
respect.  I produce less in a harsh environment.. it cripples and stuns =
me.
It just plain old hurts my feelings and makes me wish I were somewhere =
better.  It makes my stomach hurt.  I like positive people and I always =
recognize compassion, love, and respect.  My stomach feels much better =
and my spirits do, too.  Lol.

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C0226E.BDA49240

I'm sorry, for one thing, even with = the=20 explanations, I still did not get the idea of exactly how to reply, or = set the=20 hpn address into a response.. in fact, each time I do this, I have to = scroll up=20 to welcome to hpn! and click on the link.  I can't even get it into = my=20 address book.  I'm very illiterate in a lot of departments when it = comes to=20 the computer.  When someone comes up with easy to read and follow=20 instructions with a "for example" section, I'll heap praise on = that=20 man, because I have seen I'm not the only one who doesn't clearly know = how (I've=20 received duplicates from other users).  I see some of you know how, = and no=20 doubt if you were sitting next to me at the computer you could just say=20 "Just do this", and you would show me, and I would know from = then=20 on.
I would appreciate it if somebody = could come up=20 with something that is easily and clearly understood.  (with an=20 example).
I agree that education for newcomers wouldn't be a bad=20 idea.
I'm also one for being casual.  = I don't=20 like strict, stuffy environments, and beleive in the peace and privacy = of=20 individuals.
One of my worse complaints about a = couple of=20 shelters in Eugene, is that they were down right rude and mean to = people. =20 At least one of them, got into what I consider a very dangerous thing, = becoming=20 a private group of advocates who... this is very difficult to say, were=20 practicing anything but love.  There were some very good and = promoting=20 elements involved with their organizations, but the hurt and pain was=20 overwhelming to me.  It was them against us.  It was a petty=20 environment but a price one had to pay, to survive another = day.
If those are the kind of shelters = you'd like to=20 boycott, unclescam, I can certainly understand.  I understand their = perspective to a point.  They think just like a manager of mine who = feels=20 obligated to constently insult.. she believes it is the best policy, and = good=20 for people, and by that belief, which I am aware of and can recognize, I = forgive=20 her.  I know she is just ignorant.  I know they are, = too.
What she doesn't know is that I = excel in a=20 friendly environment, with respect.  I produce less in a harsh=20 environment.. it cripples and stuns me.
It just plain old hurts my feelings = and makes me=20 wish I were somewhere better.  It makes my stomach hurt.  I = like=20 positive people and I always recognize compassion, love, and = respect.  My=20 stomach feels much better and my spirits do, too.  = Lol.

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C0226E.BDA49240--