[Hpn] Re: Stephen Twig Meeks, Camps

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:10:17 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C02232.93196C80

Some things you have to consider with camps (I love the idea of an =
organized camp, myself), is.. lawlessness.  It's like an article I read =
in the Register Guard newspaper after our last Grateful Dead concert.  =
They spoke of the post camping "clean up".  They said some sites were =
clean, garbage had been neatly bagged, and many of them thoughfully took =
recyclables to Brings (Recyclers that had a booth set up)  ..and some of =
the sites were left trashed.  They referred to the people who left the =
clean sites as being "real hippies" with awareness.

It comes down to a bit of respect for your surroundings and environment. =
 I think some great things could be accomplished if we just got the idea =
that love, respect, and peaceful enjoyment for our neighbors (whomever.. =
in camp, or at that business nearby) has a lot to do with the success =
and acceptance of such a project.  There's a lot we have to learn, I =
believe, in order to create and establish somewhere we can call "home" =
..even if it's temporary at best, until we can progress further.  But we =
have to have community amongst ourselves, first, and thoughtful respect, =
as much as possible.

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C02232.93196C80

Some things you have to consider = with camps (I=20 love the idea of an organized camp, myself), is.. lawlessness.  = It's like=20 an article I read in the Register Guard newspaper after our last = Grateful Dead=20 concert.  They spoke of the post camping "clean = up".  They=20 said some sites were clean, garbage had been neatly bagged, and many of = them=20 thoughfully took recyclables to Brings (Recyclers that had a booth set = up) =20 ..and some of the sites were left trashed.  They referred to the = people who=20 left the clean sites as being "real hippies" with=20 awareness.

It comes down to a bit of respect = for your=20 surroundings and environment.  I think some great things could be=20 accomplished if we just got the idea that love, respect, and peaceful = enjoyment=20 for our neighbors (whomever.. in camp, or at that business nearby) has a = lot to=20 do with the success and acceptance of such a project.  There's a = lot we=20 have to learn, I believe, in order to create and establish somewhere we = can call=20 "home" ..even if it's temporary at best, until we can progress = further.  But we have to have community amongst ourselves, first, = and=20 thoughtful respect, as much as possible.
------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C02232.93196C80--