[Hpn] is internet a good tool for the homeless

john macpherson nyceguy50@yahoo.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

Internet access is a means to many to help with there
problems and become a greater asset to the environment
in which they live through awareness.  With the assets
of the inter-net we are still siblings in our own
destiny. We must also consider that it has achieved a
greater need of literacy, and a universal language.
However there are translating programs becoming
available, that makes the need of a universal language
and literacy, lesser obsticals than ever before. When
we look at the aging population we find that many are
unable to adapt to our times, leaving greater
disparity among the illiterate. The Sidney Olympics is
a good example where the radio, newspapers, and
telivision are not enough to get the stories as they
unravel computers are being used in every phase of the
games from ticket taking, lighting, sound, interactive
media, traffic control, medical testing and so much
more. The network of computers in Sidney are
controlling the games.  Does this affect life of
homeless persons? If it didn't I would be incapable of
writing this, I am homeless.