[Hpn] Murdered Homeless Person Indentified In Colorado Springs

HOBOMATT@aol.com HOBOMATT@aol.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:59:05 -0400 (EDT)

This is from our daily paper. If anyone on this list has any information on
this man, it certainly would be appreciated. He seems to be a real unknown
locally. Did he stay at a facility you are involved with?
Not noted in the articles on this incident, the location where this man was
sleeping is two blocks from our main Red Cross Shelter - which had around 40
empty beds, most of which are in the single men's section....
Matt Parkhouse, Colorado Springs, CO

Dead man identified

Victim discovered under bridge

Police used fingerprints to identify the homeless man found dead under the
Cimarron Street Bridge bridge Saturday.

John Michael Jones, 42, died of massive head trauma in an apparent homicide,
according to Colorado Springs police. His last known address was Louisville,
Ky. Police have no suspects.

Jones was the second homeless man killed in Colorado Springs this year. His
body was found inside a blue sleeping bag with only the head visible.

Three men walking under the bridge near Conejos Street spotted him Saturday
morning.

A worker at the Marian House soup kitchen recognized the man from a police
photograph, saying she had seen him the previous day with a battered face and
asked him to get help.

The Gazette