[Hpn] Re: [nasna] "Homeless on the Internet" on NBC TV!

Anitra Freeman anitra@speakeasy.org
Fri, 08 Sep 2000 19:57:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Anitra Freeman wrote:
> Yesterday afternoon a film crew from MSNBC was here in the Real Change
> ofices, Seattle, filming a story on our computer classes.  They had
> picked up on a Wired article about my own experiences and the classes I
> teach for WHEEL (homeless women's group) and Real Change.  They
> interviewed myself and three members of StreetWrites (homeless /
> low-income writer's group) -- Reneene Robertson, Storm, and Kevin
> Vanderhoef -- and shot footage of the Real Change computer workshop;
> they also visited Noel House emergency shelter for women.  All of this
> will be on the NBC show "Homepage" which broadcasts Mondays at 9AM
> Pacific coast time, probable broadcast date September 11.  The local
> Seattle NBC station is Channel 5.  Check your local listings and tune us
> in on Monday morning!

To clear up some confusion -- the Wired article I referred to is *not*
the same one that Jonathan Vankin interviewed several people here for.
That article is still in process.  It might be out in October, or as
late as December.  It is going to include the stories of several
different homeless activities on the Internet, across the U.S.

The Wired article I referred to was by a local Seattle writer and just
covered local Seattle programs.  You can find it at
http://wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,37863,00.html

Write On! / Anitra L. Freeman / http://www.speakeasy.org/~anitra/
"We can't help everyone.  We can't fix everything.  It hurts.
 But it is better to live with pain than to live without caring."