[Hpn] Fwd:Group seeks to start day shelter;Barre VT

wch@vcn.com wch@vcn.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:35:06 +0700

You should have a day center there -- we find that a lot of the people that come
in here are like Morgan in that they do not want to stay in a shelter at night,
but they need a place in the daytime for companionship, coffee, computer use,
etc. etc.

Some people in town here think that we only see the people that go to the night
shelter, but we see more that DONOT  go there.

The other thing is that sometimes people who have just moved into an apartment
and don't know anyone, still come back in for companionship, a sense of place.

I hope they keep working on this.

Virginia
Wyoming Coalition for the Homeless
P. O. Box 1232