[Hpn] E-bombing CITY OF FRANKLIN IN REGARDS TO MAKING 37 people lose their housing!

Tom Boland wgcp@earthlink.net
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:42:48 -0800 (PST)

> Hello I thought I would give you Franklin city halls e-mail address  so in
> case you wished to let them know what nice people they are for taking the
> homes in this article!
> http://www.hippopress.com/lowincome.html  Also their telephone number is
> 1-603-934-3900.
> City Government  c/o Mayor 316 Central street Franklin  New Hampshire 03235
> e-mail is : Cityhall@franklin.nh.us
> A Brother In The Struggle - Bill Tinker <wtinker@fcgnetworks.net>

Bill, always feel free to eamil any advice you wish to HPN's uncensored,
"robust discussion"!

As a fellow activist, I urge you to answer these questions:

1) What action do you want the City Of Franklin, NH (or HUD) to take?

2) Is "E-bombing" your best tactic to get your desired response?

Also, if you rename your request to "contact" not "email-bomb", I suppose
it would be "legal".  (Sometimes "extralegal" actions - nonviolent civil
disobedience - can accomplish great things.  Still, "breaking the law" is
nothing to do without thinking through likely outcomes.)

Reading back on your "Franklin posts", I'd advise you to avoid giving
potential adversaries ammunition to portray you as "going off half-cocked".
In particular:

1) Doublecheck your presumed "facts" before you make allegations (of
misspending or of any other illegal actions).

2) Find out if HUD's claim is true - that all displaced persons got
replacement housing (when the _City_ of Franklin took their abodes by
"eminent domain").

3) Get validated information on "present and past owners" of the property
from which people were displaced.  Does Franklin, or the County it's in,
have a Registry of Deeds?

4) Examine other government records pertaining to the taking of the
property by "emminent domain".  (I'd think such records would exist at the
Clerk's office at City Hall, and would include Zoning Board and City
Council decisions and minutes.)

3) Carefully select "targets" for lobbying and protest letters. (The best
"targets" are those who are "clearly responsible" for any problem their
decisions engender, and "those who could pressure" them to Do The Right
Thing instead).

Bill, if I scan correctly your multiple posts about this, _HUD_ doesn't
seem to have oversight for the housing people lost via action by the City
of Franklin, NH.  Please correct me if I'm mistaken, and take or ignore my
advice at will.

Peace and justice to you and yours in New Hampshire, my brother in
struggle. -- Tom Boland