[Hpn] [nhhomeless] Re: Money used to displace 37 residents by city could be linked to HUD or federal money grants?

unclescam unclescam@buskers.org
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:51:15 -0500

bill
    i think yer kickin the wrong dead horse. i think you're missreading his
reply.
it seems that if city officials are claiming hud money paid for this crime you
got
em for lyin. this reply is made by a real person who took the time to check.
a public servant.!! did you thank him for actually doing what he dets paid for
?
who got the money? there's the tale. did everybody get housed ?

William Tinker wrote:

> Dan,et al!
> Here are some addresses,and the reply I got from HUD it appears they are
> working in unison with Franklin City Hall,or if not they refuse to check
> Franklin,s accounting to find out where they come up with all this eminent
> domain money to grab  certain properties and throw section 8 persons out of
> From: David B. Harrity <David_B._Harrity@HUD.GOV>
> To: William Tinker <wtinker@fcgnetworks.net>
> >

> > I have received and carefully read your message below.  While I am not
> > completely clear as to exactly what you are charging, alleging or
> suggesting, I
> > will respond to your statements based on my understanding of your
> comments.
> >
> > assist NHites.  I have limited my overview to only those Programs which I
> > believe you might be addressing in your general comments.  Overall each
> year HUD
> > provides more than $100 million to NH,  through many different Programs,
> for
> > many specific program activities.  I have addressed only the above 3
> Programs
> > because, based upon my understanding of your comments, they are the only 3
> which
> > could possibly pertain to the issues you have raised.
> >
> > The City of Franklin does not receive any CDBG or HOME funds directly from
> HUD.
> > I personally contacted senior staff at OSP and NHHFA and have been assured
> no
> > HUD funds they administer have been provided to the City to support the
> action
> > which is of concern to you. I also personally contacted the Franklin City
> > Manager and she confirms what OSP and NHHFA staff advised me - the City
> did NOT
> > receive or use any HUD funds to support the actions you have set-forth in
> your
> > numerous, earlier messages.  I also spoke personally with the Executive
> Director
> > of the Franklin Housing Authority (FHA).  She too, advises no HUD funds
> were
> > used for the actions you have outlined earlier.
> >
> > I have not "checked", nor do I intend to, any financial records of the
> City
> > (since they receive no HUD funds, we have no legal authority to "check"
> their
> > records) or of the FHA (where we do have authority since they do receive
> HUD
> > funds).

is this next true????????????