[Hpn] SEATTLE FOOD NOT BOMBS TARGETED FOR WTO ANNIVERSARY CRACKDOWN 11-26! 11-26!

Tom Boland wgcp@earthlink.net
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 00:47:24 -0800 (PST)

FWD   Sun, 26 Nov 2000 / Seattle, Washington. USA
From: Eric Ingrate <prock_erock@yahoo.com>

URGENT!  FNB TARGETED IN WTO ANNIVERSARY CRACKDOWN!

PLEASE CIRCULATE FAR AND WIDE

Police to target Seattle Food Not Bombs in an attempt
to suppress one year anniversary of victory over the
dark forces of globalization, and their lame chemical
weapons!!
-or-
Our soup is spicier than your pepper spray!!!

Reliable but unquotable sources have indicated that
social justice group Seattle Food Not Bombs is
considered a viable target by the SPD in their
attempts to suppress the people of Seattleís first
amendment rights of peaceably assembling in honor of
last yearís shutdown of the WTOís Millennium Round.
It is likely that the police will attempt to disrupt
and/or shut down our weekly dinner TONIGHT (11/26) in
Occidental park.
We need your help!  Previously, the police have
hesitated to act against us when there are large
groups of witnesses.  So we would like to invite you
to join us tonight in Occidental Park for dinner, and
to join in a show of solidarity against the citiesí
attempts to intimidate activists in Seattle.  Dinner
starts at 5:30pm and will go until about 7pm (unless
interrupted in untimely fashion).  Also, we invite you
to Seattle Central Community College on Nov. 30th,
where we will be catering the revolution, starting
with the walkout at 12:34pm.
Last year Food Not Bombs was part of a vocal coalition
of local homeless advocacy groups and concerned
citizens who organized to prevent the police from
intimidating homeless residents out of the city for
the duration of the WTO meetings.  We also provided
food for the two Tent Cities set up by SHARE/WHEEL as
a refuge for the homeless population during the week
of the WTO.  In addition to the Saturday Free Market
at Yesler Terrace (a.k.a. ìProduce to the people,
RIGHT ON!î), and our Sunday dinner in Occidental Park,
we have provided vegetarian food for Tent Village 3
since its inception in April.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Seattle Food Not Bombs
(206)985-2247  <fnb@scn.org>, <fnb-seattle@scn.org>
PO Box 45523, Seattle WA. 98145-0523
http://www.scn.org/activism/foodnotbombs

  vegetarianism, nonviolence, consensus
-Food Not Bombs List     <fnb-l@lists.tao.ca>
-distributing food in opposition to violence
-archive: http://archive.foodnotbombs.ca
-active cities: http://webcom.com/peace
-send 'subscribe fnb-l'  to <lists@tao.ca>

END FORWARD