[Hpn] KWRU SQUATS Homes On Thanksgiving In Philadelphia / Poor People's Economic Human Rights Campaign Economic Human Rights Campaign

Tom Boland wgcp@earthlink.net
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 18:18:41 -0800 (PST)

FWD  Wed, 22 Nov 2000 from Kensington Welfare Rights Union

KWRU TAKES HOMES FOR THE HOLIDAYS

KWRU takes homes for the holidays, due to large numbers of
homeless families appearing in our office after the Poor
People's World Summit.

KWRU will spend Thanksgiving moving homeless families into
abandoned government-owned properties.

We will announce today our willingness to shovel snow on the
first snow day for any politician who steps forward to
resolve this matter of housing families.

We greatly need blankets, kerosene and electric heaters.

Thank you.

---
CONTACT INFO:

Kensington Welfare Rights Union
NUHHCE, ASFCME, AFL-CIO
PO Box 50678
Philadelphia, PA 19132-9720
Phone: 215/203-1945
Fax:   215/203-1950
email: kwru@libertynet.org
web:   http://www.kwru.org

---
Economic Human Rights Campaign updates are distributed via the
"kwru-announce" email list. To subscribe, E-mail to:
<kwru-announce-on@libertynet.org>
KWRU List-Archive: <http://libertynet.org:80/Lists/kwru-announce/List.html>

END FORWARD