[Hpn] ALERT: Pittsburgh may jail homeless who refuse shelter or "treatment" fw fw

Harmony Foster Kieding fosterharmony@savethisplanet.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:48:10 -0800

Ok, let me get this "straight" here. One man, who happens to be without a home,
is accused of killing and mutilating someone- therefore, EVERY other person
who is homeless must be arrested/jailed/whatever. Because, obviously, since
"homeless" people are not really people and are all alike, every single one
of us will probably commit some horrendous crime also.
Hmmmmm....what's wrong with this picture? What if someone who lived in a house
committed a terrible crime and killed someone? Using the mayor's reasoning,
if we were to turn the tables, every "homed" person would be given the option
to live out on the streets or face arrest. Because, you know..there's just something
terribly suspicious about them people who live in houses.

Harmony