[Hpn] The Potential in Religious Land Use Law

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 22:03:36 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C051AB.662174E0

The Potential in Religious Land Use Law

PLEASE CIRCULATE

Interfaith networking has become an effective tool in alleviating human =
suffering.  Providing shelter, food, clothing, and resources is GOOD, =
yet it is a band-aid application to an overwhelmingly growing problem. =20

Perhaps these interfaith networks could utilize this law to create =
campsites for the homeless that provide stability.  Having to move on =
and reorganize is a constant setback to any homeless individual or =
party.

"We'll take you as you are".  People are different and have different =
reasons for homelessness.  Our cultures and habits make us like night =
and day, but most importantly, we are all human and worthy of human =
dignity.  I'm sure that any and all of you may have practiced applying =
non-judgemental respect and affection for other human beings (their =
hearts/souls) and helped them out with resources, resourceful =
information, or just kind words for the sake of their humanity.  In any =
given "camp" situation, there can be quite a diversity of human habits =
and consciousness, yet they can all look out for each others backs. =20

In general, people need a stable place to sleep in peace and safety and =
do other human functions, like use the bathroom, cook food, heat water.  =
Humans need shelter from the elements, warmth, privacy.  Alarm clocks, =
cooking facilities, dry socks, ALL HELP.

REALITY EDUCATION VS. UNREAL RULES.  Jesus said "What comes out of you =
is more important than what goes into you".  Unclean meat.. or needles.  =
Better to inform about rig disposal (for safety of children and others) =
than to say "Don't do it".  Better to panhandle than prey for support.  =
Love and Respect, compassion for others, first and best rule of law.  =
Figure out the rest as we go along.  Some people need more time and =
freedom to be human before they can begin the healing process.  The =
healing process begins with love.  Addiction is extremely difficult to =
conquer, but with open minds and creativity it is possible, I believe.

INVENT.  Between all of us, I believe we can creatively engineer =
solutions that make life work better.  They don't have to be =
particularly expensive but rather useful and promoting to human dignity. =
 Short professional haircuts where headlice is epidemic, for example.  =
Especially among the poor.  The poorer we get, the uglier, ask me, I =
know (Ok, I'm speaking for myself).  If we could get Christmas out of =
the box, we'd have pretty teeth, groomed heads, healthy diets, clean =
clothes and increased chances at creative living.

We all have things to offer and contribute but we all don't have the =
organizational structure and means and ways to offer our contributions.  =
(With respect to the rest of our lives, be it the health and safety of =
our children in care, or the personal enjoyment and safety of the =
remainder of our time spent experiencing life and other people we share =
life with).

 =20

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C051AB.662174E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<P><FONT size=3D2>The Potential in Religious Land Use Law</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>PLEASE CIRCULATE</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Interfaith networking has become an&nbsp;effective =
tool in=20
alleviating human suffering.&nbsp; Providing shelter, food, clothing, =
and=20
resources is GOOD, yet it is a band-aid application to an overwhelmingly =
growing=20
problem.&nbsp; </FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Perhaps these interfaith networks could utilize this =
law to=20
create campsites for the homeless that provide stability.&nbsp; Having =
to move=20
on and reorganize is a constant setback to any homeless individual or=20
party.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>"We'll take you as you are".&nbsp; People are =
different and have=20
different reasons for homelessness.&nbsp; Our cultures and habits make =
us like=20
night and day, but most importantly, we are all human and worthy of =
human=20
dignity.&nbsp; I'm sure that any and all of you may have practiced =
applying=20
non-judgemental respect and affection for other human beings (their=20
hearts/souls) and helped them out with resources, resourceful =
information, or=20
just kind words for the sake of their humanity.&nbsp; In any given =
"camp"=20
situation, there can be quite a diversity of human habits and =
consciousness, yet=20
they can all look out for each others backs.&nbsp; </FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>In general, people need a stable place to&nbsp;sleep =
in peace=20
and&nbsp;safety and do other human functions, like use the bathroom, =
cook food,=20
heat water.&nbsp; Humans need shelter from the elements, warmth, =
privacy.&nbsp;=20
Alarm clocks, cooking facilities, dry socks, ALL HELP.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>REALITY EDUCATION VS. UNREAL RULES.&nbsp; Jesus said =
"What comes=20
out of you is more important than what goes into you".&nbsp; Unclean =
meat.. or=20
needles.&nbsp; Better to inform about rig disposal (for safety of =
children and=20
others) than to say "Don't do it".&nbsp; Better to panhandle than prey =
for=20
support.&nbsp; Love and Respect,&nbsp;<EM>compassion</EM> for others, =
first and=20
best rule of law.&nbsp; Figure out the rest as we go along.&nbsp; Some =
people=20
need more time and freedom to be human before they can begin the healing =

process.&nbsp; The healing process begins with love.&nbsp; Addiction is=20
extremely difficult to conquer, but with open minds and creativity it is =

possible, I believe.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>INVENT.&nbsp; Between all of us, I believe we can =
creatively=20
engineer solutions that make life work better.&nbsp; They don't have to =
be=20
particularly expensive but rather useful and promoting to human =
dignity.&nbsp;=20
Short professional haircuts where headlice is epidemic, for =
example.&nbsp;=20
Especially among the poor.&nbsp; The poorer we get, the uglier, ask me, =
I know=20
(Ok, I'm speaking for myself).&nbsp; If we could get Christmas out of =
the box,=20
we'd have pretty teeth, groomed heads, healthy diets, clean clothes=20
and&nbsp;increased chances at creative living.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>We all have things to offer and contribute but we all =
don't have=20
the organizational structure and means and ways to offer our=20
contributions.&nbsp; (With respect to the rest of our lives, be it the =
health=20
and safety of our children in care, or the personal enjoyment and safety =
of the=20
remainder of our time spent&nbsp;experiencing life and other people we =
share=20
life with).</FONT></P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>