[Hpn] One Humble Thanksgiving

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:23:41 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_006A_01C050C3.82EEB260

Just me, La, and Alan E. Martin.  (separation from family, 87-88?)
We had no utilities, or electric stove.  The city donated a voucher for =
$25 worth of food.  We bought a package of steaks.  We made a bbq grill =
with rocks and the rack from an oven.  We bought aluminum foil, and =
wrapped potatoes for baking.  We put the potatoes (and, I think, corn on =
the cob) on the embers, to cook.  We barbequed our steaks, we had many, =
plenty.  It was a real Thanksgiving.  It was good, good enough.  It =
worked and made us warm and satisfied on Thanksgiving.
It were'nt no turkey', but it was food that came from somewhere and =
utilized to make a pleasant, holy day for us on Thanksgiving.

------=_NextPart_000_006A_01C050C3.82EEB260

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Just me, La, and Alan E. Martin.&nbsp; =
(separation&nbsp;from=20
family, 87-88?)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>We had no utilities, or electric stove.&nbsp; The =
city donated=20
a voucher for $25 worth of food.&nbsp; We bought a package of =
steaks.&nbsp; We=20
made a bbq grill with rocks and the rack from an oven.&nbsp; We bought =
aluminum=20
foil, and wrapped potatoes for baking.&nbsp; We put the potatoes (and, I =
think,=20
corn on the cob) on the embers, to cook.&nbsp; We barbequed our steaks, =
we had=20
many, plenty.&nbsp; It was a real Thanksgiving.&nbsp; It was good, good=20
enough.&nbsp; It worked and made us warm and satisfied on=20
Thanksgiving.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It were'nt no turkey', but it was food that came =
from=20
somewhere and utilized to make a pleasant, holy day for us on=20
Thanksgiving.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_006A_01C050C3.82EEB260--