[Hpn] FOUR DOCTORS

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:23:07 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C04D53.550B4480

FOUR DOCTORS

An Israeli doctor said, "Medicine in my country is so
advanced, we can take a kidney out of one person,put
it in
another, and have him looking for work in six weeks."

A German doctor said, "That's nothing! In Germany,we
can
take a lung out of one person, put it in another,and
have
him looking for work in four weeks."

A Russian doctor said, "In my country medicine is
so advanced,
we can take half a heart from one person, put it
in another,
and have them both looking for work in two weeks."

American doctor, not to be outdone, said, "Ha! We are
about to take an ass hole out of Texas, put him in the
White
House and half the country will be looking for work the
next
day.

*  *  *

INS PLANS TO HIRE OUTREACH OFFICIAL

PORTLAND - The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service plans to hire =
its first Portland district community relations officer, a move the =
agency hopes will improve its image after complaints about the way the =
INS has handled foreign businessmen and immigrants.
The community relations officer will perform a range of duties, from =
establishing a citizens forum with asian and Latino community members to =
taking complaints about INS conduct.
"I'm not sure if there was much of a connection with the community in =
the first place, but we need to rebuild it and earn back people's trust. =
 The only way to go from here is up," said Janna Evans, INS community =
relations director for the federal agency's seven-state western region.  =
The INS is accepting applications for the position through Nov. 17.
The INS Portland district was plagued by complaints and internal =
problems leading to district director David Beebe's retirement in =
September.

*   *   *

WorldNetDaily: BILL OF RIGHTS IS THE CURE FOR GOVERNMENT DISEASE

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C04D53.550B4480

FOUR DOCTORS

An Israeli doctor said, "Medicine in = my=20 country is so
advanced, we can take a kidney out of one = person,put
it=20 in
another, and have him looking for work in six = weeks."

A German=20 doctor said, "That's nothing! In Germany,we
can
take a lung = out of=20 one person, put it in another,and
have
him looking for work in = four=20 weeks."

A Russian doctor said, "In my country medicine = is
so=20 advanced,
we can take half a heart from one person, put it
in=20 another,
and have them both looking for work in two=20 weeks."

American doctor, not to be outdone, said, "Ha! = We=20 are
about to take an ass hole out of Texas, put him in = the
White
House=20 and half the country will be looking for work = the
next
day.

*  *  = *

INS PLANS TO HIRE OUTREACH OFFICIAL

PORTLAND - The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization = Service=20 plans to hire its first Portland district community relations officer, a = move=20 the agency hopes will improve its image after complaints about the way = the INS=20 has handled foreign businessmen and immigrants.
The community relations officer will perform a range = of=20 duties, from establishing a citizens forum with asian and Latino = community=20 members to taking complaints about INS conduct.
"I'm not sure if there was much of a connection = with the=20 community in the first place, but we need to rebuild it and earn back = people's=20 trust.  The only way to go from here is up," said Janna Evans, = INS=20 community relations director for the federal agency's seven-state = western=20 region.  The INS is accepting applications for the position through = Nov.=20 17.
The INS Portland district was plagued by complaints = and=20 internal problems leading to district director David Beebe's retirement = in=20 September.