[Hpn] Homelessness in the Media

unclescam unclescam@buskers.org
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 16:28:18 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_/BDdk29gafEq5M7riiO5Ug)

> This seemed like an opportunity to spark a discussion on this topic, if
> anyone is willing.
>
> In which media, if any, do you feel that homeless people and homeless
> issues are covered accurately?

homless issues and people are portrayed accurately by all media,just not
completely
as any particular view has bias built in it takes a broad reading of all
media to get
a picture.

> Are they covered to the extent of their national importance?

there is no national importance in homeless issues. thus the local view is
blown up.

> What factors contribute to full and accurate coverage of homeless
> issues?

the writer either does a good job or not.

> What factors interfere with that?

individual writers have thier own filters and editors

> Are these factors the same as those that affect the coverage of any
> issue, or are there particular factors affecting the coverage of
> homeless issues?

any story of local issues are covered the same

> What would more and better coverage of homeless issues look like?

a hodgepodge of  societies faults

> What would be the effects of more and better coverage of homeless
> issues?

a better understanding  and definition of homelessness

> What aspects of the Internet make it easier to disseminate information
> about social issues?

to those with access and the ability to comprehend reality it only
enhances the lack of objectivity in the user.

> What factors of the internet make it harder?

access