[Hpn] Gentrification Film/Video Festival - San Francisco MEETING 7:30pm Mon 20 Nov fw 20 Nov fw

Tom Boland wgcp@earthlink.net
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 22:25:40 -0800 (PST)

FWD Wed, 8 Nov 2000 - SAN FRANCISCO, CA, USA - circulate please
REPLY TO: "Whispered Media" <wm@videoactivism.org>

GENTRIFICATION FILM/VIDEO FESTIVAL MEETING - NOV. 20TH

If you are interested in helping to organize a video/film "festival"
about the issues of gentrification, displacement and the current
housing crisis, please come to our first meeting.

We will be meeting on Monday, November 20th at 7:30pm at Muddy Waters
cafe on Valencia at 16th Street, 1 block from the 16th street BART in
San Francisco.

Please come with some ideas for videos and films to screen, and
contact information for the producers if possible. We can consider
works-in-progress and videos from outside the Bay Area. Anything is
possible.

The "festival," proposed for early Spring of next year, is intended
to support the local community struggles in the Bay Area as a
fundraiser and organizer. It could even become a traveling festival
to go to other cities experiencing similar problems.

We need your help! Please come to our first meeting!!!

For more information, contact:

Lisa Souza, Media Alliance, 415-546-6334
- OR -
Mark Liiv, Video Activist Network, 415-789-8484

Whispered Media
wm@videoactivism.org
P.O. Box 40130
San Francisco, CA 94140 USA