[Hpn] Re: [FNB-L] ACLU Solicitors Lawsuit - Judge bars background check & license requirements in Medina WA USA fw license requirements in Medina WA USA fw

Eric Ingrate prock_erock@yahoo.com
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 00:00:10 -0800 (PST)

As an addendum to this, I grew up about ten minutes
north of Medina, and it isn't just solicitors who are
unwelcome.  There wasd an article in the (now defunct)
Eastside Weekly which documented being pulled over for
"not belonging".  Cops quoted in the article admitted
to pulling over specific vehicles for looking to
decrepit to belong.  As I recall, the cop quoted said,
"We pretty much know who belongs around here."

--- Tom Boland <wgcp@earthlink.net> wrote:
> "The ACLU filed suit last month on behalf of Peace
> Action of
> Washington, a nonprofit group that had planned to
> distribute
> information on candidates in next week's election,
> and United
> States Mission, a nonprofit that provides housing to
> the homeless."

http://newsfinder.arinet.com/fpweb/fp.dll/$stargeneral/htm/x_dv.htm/_ibyx/cg0302

6/_itox/starnet/_svc/news/_Id/685263962/_k/uyTh3YBpMfNoIiKA