[Hpn] PoorNewsNetwork Weekly

poormag poormag@sirius.com
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 10:41:27 -0700

ATTENTION!!!!
A BIG HOORAY FOR THE PASSAGE OF PROP. L!!! OUR VOICES WERE HEARD!!!
ALSO CONGRATULATIONS TO CHRIS DALY, AARON PESKIN,
AND THE HONORABLE TOM AMMIANO!!!

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THESE TOP STORIES ON THE FRONT PAGE OF
PoorNewsNetwork's (PNN) ON-LINE NEWS SERVICE (check us out at
www.poornewsnetwork.org). . .

Million Band March
Images of musicians marching against eviction and gentrifacation in the Bay Area

Affordable Housing in Boston?
Boston tenants rally for affordable housing
By:Tony Harris

"I am not leaving"
Evicted Oakland tenants and organizers rally for JustCause eviction legislation
By: Tiny

POOR MAGAZINE IS HIRING!
PART TIME POSITIONS NOW AVAILABLE AT POOR MAGAZINE . . .
Do you want to work in the Media? Do you want a "voice" to create change
for you and your community?

Poor News Network/POOR Magazine has two part-time on-the job training
positions open for people serious about becoming media professionals. We
will train you in on-line journalism, reporting, investigative journalism,
radio broadcasting, photo-journalism and media activism. As well, we offer
training in multi-media, graphic arts, basic computer skills, spoken word
and creative writing.

We focus on issues of poverty, racism, homelessness,
gentrification,immigration, welfare and many more.We use the media as an
organizing tool and a way to make change happen in our communities. Come
and be part of our team, get your work published and Be HEARD!

No Experience necessary -all we ask is that you be reliable and dedicated
and that you have the desire to write, report, speak and be part of the
media.

Currently we have two paid positions and two unpaid positions. Our pay is
not high - because we are a very small non-profit organization-We are
dedicated to providing media and multi-media access to low and no income
communities locally and globally.

Hours and days are somewhat flexible - one to three days per week; tuesday,
thursday, and/or friday. Call now for more information-(415) 863-6306 or
email;poormag@sirius.com. Check us out on-line at www.poornewsnetwork.org