[Hpn] For a Moment..

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 17:01:01 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C04680.CF5FE3A0

I thought about not casting my vote, because I got frustrated with the =
idea that I had to vote for Gore.  Do I vote with my heart (and head)?  =
Or do I vote with my head?
I personally, must vote with my heart.  I am voting Nader. I am claiming =
the right to be one of the at least 5% of voters to ensure Nader will be =
among the running candidates in 2004. =20
I wonder.  Annette told me today that she never votes (she is in her =
40's) and I wondered out loud how it would be if all us non participants =
came out and voted.  How would it change things.  Just how many (18 or =
over adults) non participants are there?  Has anyone ever counted??
Tomorrow, I read over the voters pamphlets.  One is the biggest in =
Oregon History and had to be book bound (issues, I believe).  I've =
barely scratched the surface.  But I want to get as acquainted as I can. =
 Not like a test, where you can't have study materials or notes with you =
while you take the test, you can make informed decisions, voting in the =
privacy of your own home (if you have one) in Oregon, by mail in ballot. =
 We are making history this year by having a complete mail in ballot =
(un-precedented).  You can keep your notes and study materials right =
beside you, right there for reference, no memory that you have to depend =
on.  It works.  (Better than your memory!)
To a useful, productive, and highly aimed (peace, comfort, and good =
industry making) government,
Lucinda Houston

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C04680.CF5FE3A0

I thought about not casting my vote, = because I=20 got frustrated with the idea that I had to vote for Gore.  Do I = vote with=20 my heart (and head)?  Or do I vote with my head?
I personally, must vote with my = heart.  I=20 am voting Nader. I am claiming the right to be one of the at least 5% of = voters=20 to ensure Nader will be among the running candidates in 2004. =20
I wonder.  Annette told me = today that she=20 never votes (she is in her 40's) and I wondered out loud how it would be = if all=20 us non participants came out and voted.  How would it change = things. =20 Just how many (18 or over adults) non participants are there?  Has = anyone=20 ever counted??
Tomorrow, I read over the voters=20 pamphlets.  One is the biggest in Oregon History and had to be book = bound=20 (issues, I believe).  I've barely scratched the surface.  But = I want=20 to get as acquainted as I can.  Not like a test, where you can't = have study=20 materials or notes with you while you take the test, you can make = informed=20 decisions, voting in the privacy of your own home (if you have one) in = Oregon,=20 by mail in ballot.  We are making history this year by having a = complete=20 mail in ballot (un-precedented).  You can keep your notes and study = materials right beside you, right there for reference, no memory that = you have=20 to depend on.  It works.  (Better than your = memory!)
To a useful, productive, and highly = aimed=20 (peace, comfort, and good industry making) government,
Lucinda = Houston
------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C04680.CF5FE3A0--