[Hpn] Be realistic, demand the impossible

Bureau of Public Secrets knabb@slip.net
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 13:30:43 -0800

Translations of over 200 graffiti from the May 1968 revolt in France are
online at http://www.slip.net/~knabb/CF/graffiti.htm

A few examples:

Power to the imagination.

Be realistic, demand the impossible.

It's painful to submit to our bosses; it's even more stupid to choose them.

No forbidding allowed.

When examined, answer with questions.

The more I make love, the more I want to make revolution. The more I make
revolution, the more I want to make love.

Boredom is counterrevolutionary.

Run, comrade, the old world is behind you!

* * *

The Bureau of Public Secrets website, which has received nearly 200,000 page
visits during its first two years, features Ken Knabb's SITUATIONIST
INTERNATIONAL ANTHOLOGY (translations from the notorious group that helped
trigger the May 1968 revolt) and PUBLIC SECRETS, the recent collection of
Knabb's own writings, including "The Joy of Revolution," "Confessions of a
Mild-Mannered Enemy of the State," and an assortment of comics, leaflets and
articles on Wilhelm Reich, Kenneth Rexroth, Gary Snyder, the sixties
counterculture, radical women, Chinese anarchists, socially engaged
Buddhists, urban "psychogeography," the Watts riot, the Iranian uprising,
the Gulf war, and the recent jobless revolt in France. The new site index --
http://www.slip.net/~knabb/index1.htm -- includes over 2000 name and topic
entries, from anarchism to Zen.

BUREAU OF PUBLIC SECRETS
PO Box 1044, Berkeley CA 94701, USA