[Hpn] REMINDER: GENERAL MEETING AND POT-LUCK DINNER THIS COMING FRIDAY NIGHT IN SANTA ANA NIGHT IN SANTA ANA

CAVC CAVC.Sam@att.net
Wed, 31 May 2000 07:58:14 -0700

REMINDER:  GENERAL MEETING AND POT-LUCK DINNER THIS COMING FRIDAY NIGHT
IN SANTA ANA TO BRING TOGETHER THE VARIOUS ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIVIDUALS
CAMPAIGNING TO AMEND CALIFORNIA'S THREE-STRIKES LAW

CAVC (Citizens Against Violent Crime) will host a pot-luck dinner and
general meeting on Friday night, June 2, at 7:30 PM, at The Catholic
Worker, located at 316 Cypress Avenue, near downtown Santa Ana, one
block east of Main Street and three blocks south of 1st Street.

Everyone from throughout the state who is, or has been, involved in the
many organizations and campaigns to amend California's three-strikes
law, is invited (indeed, requested) to attend.

The purpose of this meeting is to begin the healing and renewal process
after our exhaustive, recent campaigns, and to recognize and identify
our
areas of agreement so that we may all work together better in the future
to accomplish our common goals more efficiently.

To facilitate this, we will share prayers and a meal together, reflect
on our common experiences, and then consider plans and timetables for
the future campaigns. Everyone will have an opportunity to speak, and
participate, freely in the meeting.

This meeting is timed to coincide with two events.  The California
Three-Strikes Project will have submitted their initiative petition
signatures to all of the County Registrars a week earlier.  The State
Board of Directors of FACTS (Families to Amend California's Three
Strikes) will convene in San Diego on the following day, Saturday, June
3.

The general, loose agenda of the meeting consists of three items.  We'll
share a meal together.  We'll go around the room so each person can
introduce themselves and state what their participation in the campaigns
has been.  Then we'll have an open discussion to reflect on our common
experiences and discuss plans and timetables for the future.

We hope that as many people as possible, from all over the state, and
especially from the various organizations of CATS (Californians to Amend
Three Strikes), FACTS, the California Three-Strikes Project, and CAVC,
will attend.

Directions from southbound Interstate-5 (Santa Ana Freeway)  take the
"Broadway" exit, south to 1st Street, turn left and drive eastbound to
the third street (one street past Main Street) which is Cypress Avenue,
turn right and drive southbound three blocks to 316 Cypress Avenue, a
big yellow house on the right.

Directions from northbound Interstate-5 (Santa Ana Freeway)  take the
"1st Street" exit (the exit just past Freeway #55, the Costa Mesa
Freeway), turn left and drive westbound a little more than a mile to
Cypress Avenue (the last street before Main Street), turn left and drive
southbound three blocks to 316 Cypress Avenue, a big yellow house on the
right.

Please RSVP, by email to CAVC.Sam@att.net., or by phone to 714.780.8901,
as soon as possible.  Please be prepared to state the number of people
who will be attending, and please identify the food item each person
will be
bringing for the pot-luck dinner.

See you there!