[Hpn] Upcoming SF People's Budget report by POOR News Network

Coalition on Homelessness, SF coh@sfo.com
Mon, 22 May 2000 15:33:46 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_DwzoRwWDiPkF4LRsthOYHg)

Announcement of radio broadcast regarding The People's Budget:

Monday, MAY 29, 2000 - 7:30-8am
KPFA (Berkeley) 94.1 FM

On today's show we will focus on the following: The illegal practices
of private nonprofit hospitals in regards to indigent health care;
The current situation of mothers in prison;  A report by POOR's
columnist and DAMO founder Leroy Moore on the funding and support
monopolies of large organizations such as the NAACP and Urban League
regarding African-Americans with disabilities;  And a report on The
People's Budget (San Francisco) by one of the PEOPLE.  (see below for
sample)

"I'm Scott Clark, staff writer at POOR News Network.  I'm here to
support The People's Budget, a collaborative effort of several
community-based organizations in San Francisco.  This year there is a
surplus of 90.2 million dollars in the City's budget; I said 90.2
million dollars!!; which The People's Budget will attempt to address
by distributing much needed funding to various low-income and
underserved communities.  A few examples of the issues The People's
Budget would affect are:  eviction defense, emergency funds for
homeless, seniors, and disabled persons, free pharmacy services for
people who are 200% under the poverty line, and living wage job
creation."

"For very low income, previously homeless people like myself, who are
going from welfare to work:  there must be more WORK there to go to!!
In other words, there is a big push to get folks off of public aid,
but there is no talk of living-wage jobs created in different fields
which would provide long-term economic stability.  That is one of the
many important components of The People's Budget - and I am one of
the P-O-O-R people it would affect."

Scott Clark, PNN Staff Writer
468 Turk St.
San Francisco, CA 94102
vox: (415) 346.3740
Fax: (415) 775.5639
coh@sfo.com
http://www.sfo.com/~coh

--Boundary_(ID_DwzoRwWDiPkF4LRsthOYHg)

 --></style><title>Upcoming SF People's Budget report by POOR News
7:30-8am</font></div>
following: The illegal practices of private nonprofit hospitals in
regards to indigent health care;&nbsp; The current situation of
mothers in prison;&nbsp; A report by POOR's columnist and DAMO
founder Leroy Moore on the funding and support monopolies of large
organizations such as the NAACP and Urban League regarding
African-Americans with disabilities;&nbsp; And a report on The
People's Budget (San Francisco) by one of the PEOPLE.&nbsp; (see
below for sample)</font></div>
POOR News Network.&nbsp; I'm here to support The People's Budget,
a collaborative effort of several community-based organizations in
San Francisco.&nbsp; This year there is a surplus of 90.2 million
dollars in the City's budget; I said 90.2 million dollars!!; which
The People's Budget will attempt to address by distributing much
needed funding to various low-income and underserved
communities.&nbsp; A few examples of the issues The People's Budget
would affect are:&nbsp; eviction defense, emergency funds for
homeless, seniors, and disabled persons, free pharmacy services for
people who are 200% under the poverty line, and living wage job
creation.&quot;</font></div>
homeless people like myself, who are going from welfare to
work:&nbsp; there must be more WORK there to go to!!&nbsp; In other
words, there is a big push to get folks off of public aid, but there
is no talk of living-wage jobs created in different fields which
would provide long-term economic stability.&nbsp; That is one of the
many important components of The People's Budget - and I am one
of the P-O-O-R people it would
affect.&quot;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</font></div>

Coalition on Homelessness, San Francisco<br>
468 Turk St.<br>
San Francisco, CA 94102<br>
vox: (415) 346.3740<br>
Fax: (415) 775.5639<br>
coh@sfo.com<br>
http://www.sfo.com/~coh</div>

--Boundary_(ID_DwzoRwWDiPkF4LRsthOYHg)--