[Hpn] Re: [nhhomeless] Coalition on the Homeless

Scofield tscofiel@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Sat, 20 May 2000 10:33:30 -0400 (EDT)

Doug,
I'm glad you didn't walk away. Even if we are voices in the wilderness, we
are still voices, and we are the few that will bring the truth to the
many.
Our responsibility now that we are housed and economically viable is to
the brothers and sisters behind us who are experiencing an even more cruel
and vicious form of homelessness and poverty that is more difficult to
espcape from. We must use every ounce of integrity, intelligence and wit
that we have, and be willing to do the grunt work need to have poor and
homless folks represent themselves. Screw advocacy, let's empower folks!
Terri Scofield