[Hpn] Real Virus

Bill Tinker wtinker@fcgnetworks.net
Thu, 18 May 2000 22:31:41 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Tammy Kennedy <tammy@fulton-net.com>
To: Bill Tinker <wtinker@fcgnetworks.net>
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 1:03 AM
Subject: Fw: Real Virus

 -----Original Message-----
From: ICCGStitt1 <ICCGStitt1@email.msn.com>
To: Maureen Fox <m.fox@sympatico.ca>; TIM GRIFFITH <grif@imcnet.net>
Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 1:26 PM

I don't know if there is any thing to this, but FYI.

This is a real virus that could be fatal, please read.

I feel it is vital to inform all of my friends about this.

This is an alert about a virus in the original sense of the word . .
 .
one that affects your body, not your hard drive.
there have been 23 confirmed cases of people attacked by the
Klingerman
Virus,
a virus that arrives in your real mail box, not your e-mail in box.
Someone has been mailing large blue envelopes, seemingly at random, to
people inside the US. On the
front of the envelope in bold black letters is printed, "A gift for
you
from
the Klingerman Foundation."
When the envelopes are opened, there is a small sponge sealed in
plastic.
This sponge carries what has come to be known as the Klingerman Virus,
as
public health officials state this is a strain of virus they have not
previously encountered.
When asked for comment, Florida police Sergeant Stetson said, "We are
working with the CDC and the
USPS, but have so far been unable to track down the origins of these
letters. The return addresses have all been different, and we are
certain
remailing service is being used, making our jobs that much more
difficult."
Those who have come in contact with the Klingerman Virus have been
hospitalized with severe dysentery.
So far seven of the twenty-three victims have died.
There is no legitimate Klingerman Foundation mailing unsolicited
gifts.
If you receive an oversized blue envelope in the mail marked,"A gift
from
the Klingerman foundation", DO NOT open it. Place the envelope in a
strong
plastic bag or container, and call the police immediately. The "gift"
inside
is one you definitely do not want.
I didn't believe this at first, so I called the National Viral
Research
Centre (NVRC) in White Falls, North Carolina.
The director, Dr. Mel Blumenthal, assured me the email was factually
accurate.  "The Klingerman Virus has the potential for more fatal
occurences
than HIV and the Hanta Virus combined.  Everyone should be aware of
this
serious threat."
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU CARE ABOUT.