[Hpn] Re: [nhhomeless] Coalition on the Homeless

JDOJ1@aol.com JDOJ1@aol.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 21:04:27 EDT

i have to say that i was very suprised the day that i found out that all
service providers were not advocates. when our homeless coaliton stood up and
the majority supported the homeless ordinance here in jacksonville i was
shocked and felt like walking away. but i didnt because is i walked down the
street i saw the reason why i was a advocate that stood up in city council
meetings . it was because of people that still remain on the street. service
providers as a majority dont want homelessness to end because then they would
lose their $70000 jobs running homeless shelters. instead of service
providers they are pimps. they are pimping the homeless to get another buck.
dont get me wrong i know some awesome people that are service providers but
when they stand up and support an ordinance that crimalizes the same people
they supposedly serve we have a problem. i learned alot while i was homeless
but like someone said earlier its a whole lot worse now then it was 5 years
ago.

thanks
doug orange