[Hpn] wa shoe building. (fwd)

Anitra Freeman anitra@speakeasy.org
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:46:50 -0700 (PDT)

From a StreetWrites member on the scene today at the Shoe Building --

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 19:35:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: Koa raveta <koa@usa.com>
Subject: wa shoe building.

to every one in seattle land!

I was at the shoe building friday evening there was a strong police
presence there I was told that the police were looking for squatters @
anarchists.  I had a pig ask me for ID.  I said WHY. He restated that
they were looking for anyone who looked like a squatter or arnachist.
I told him that he was wasting his time and there was no one like that
here in the building.  I reminded him this was private property. He
stated that it was public property and they (police) could do whatever
they wanted!  About an hour later, myself and Yoona left the building.
There were two Very Large Wash. St. Patrol at the front door.  Several
people had told me they were only security guards.  But as I walked by I
saw their uniforms, and they were WSP.  Which is weird because they do
not come into the city to do civil things like that.  Did the Seattle
Police call them in for this duty?  SPD normally does this work on their
own.  I think there must be Something Big in the works for tonight.
Midnight is the posted eviction time and they may want to EMPHASIZE
it,,,

love @ rage bruce

[end forward]
-- Anitra