[Hpn] [Fwd: Re: [Hpn] Fwd: Re: [Hpn] new shelter]

unclescam unclescam@buskers.org
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 19:22:25 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Hpn] Fwd: Re: [Hpn] new shelter
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 19:21:47 -0400
From: unclescam <unclescam@buskers.org>
To: Bonnie Briggs <s248_1132@hotmail.com>

the concept of debate has reached the pinnacle of folly with name
calling and
other devices for quelling the free flow of ideas. i have felt for some time
that there has been lack of ideas in this list, and have tried to foment
discussion over news articles. as with this display they have been met with
calls of nazi or the like. these are antithetical to freedom of expression.
    i would call on john to define his terms and show that there is reason
behind the charge, and in the future let us reason together. if an idea is
floated let us look from all angles and attempt to elucidate our differences
and likness. the list appeared to me in the beginning  as a place where we
would share our ideas in the hopes of bringing about better answers in the
fight on poverties problems.