[Hpn] Right-Wing Movement Building on the Internet

Coalition on Homelessness, SF coh@sfo.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:57:11 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_FSQFD2NMgkzrnnxrUMbI/w)

Media Democracy Now!

Protest the National Association of Broadcasters Convention
Moscone Center
San Francisco
September 20-23, 2000

Act up, party down, raise hell, shout out.

The National Association of Broadcasters is the WTO of the
broadcasting industry. It spends millions of dollars every year
lobbying to keep the airwaves out of the hands of the public. We can
thank the NAB and the media giants that it represents for:

* Putting out the trash called commercial radio and TV.

* Stereotyping youth, people of color, and working class people.

* Censoring and misrepresenting the issues that we care about--from
homelessness and immigrant rights to the environment and labor.

* Pushing for legislation like the Telecommunications Act of 1996,
which legalized media monopolies, creating The Gap and Starbucks of
the airwaves.

* Engineering the giveaway of billions of public dollars by handing
over the digital TV spectrum to the corporate media.

* Fighting tooth-and-nail against grassroots media efforts like
low-power radio that would bring hundreds of new voices and
perspectives to the airwaves.

We invite you to our lovely city. Bring your tear gas masks, your
microradio transmitters, your dancing shoes, and your militant
nonviolent attitude.

Join Media Alliance, Project Censored, Fairness and Accuracy in
Reporting, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, Micropower Action
Coalition, Global Exchange, Prometheus Radio Project, Direct Action
Network, Coalition on Homelessness, and other organizations in
protest!

For more information visit

http://www.mediademocracynow.org

468 Turk St.
San Francisco, CA 94102
vox: (415) 346.3740
Fax: (415) 775.5639
coh@sfo.com
http://www.sfo.com/~coh

--Boundary_(ID_FSQFD2NMgkzrnnxrUMbI/w)

 --></style><title>Act up, party down, raise hell, shout out in SF
Convention</b></div>
September 20-23, 2000<br>
The National Association of Broadcasters is the WTO of the
broadcasting industry. It spends millions of dollars every year
lobbying to keep the airwaves out of the hands of the public. We can
thank the NAB and the media giants that it represents for:<br>
* Putting out the trash called commercial radio and TV.<br>
* Stereotyping youth, people of color, and working class people.<br>
* Censoring and misrepresenting the issues that we care about--from
homelessness and immigrant rights to the environment and labor.<br>
* Pushing for legislation like the Telecommunications Act of 1996,
which legalized media monopolies, creating The Gap and Starbucks of
the airwaves.<br>
* Engineering the giveaway of billions of public dollars by handing
over the digital TV spectrum to the corporate media.<br>
* Fighting tooth-and-nail against grassroots media efforts like
low-power radio that would bring hundreds of new voices and
perspectives to the airwaves.<br>
We invite you to our lovely city. Bring your tear gas masks, your
microradio transmitters, your dancing shoes, and your militant
nonviolent attitude.<br>
Reporting, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, Micropower Action
Coalition, Global Exchange, Prometheus Radio Project, Direct Action
Network, Coalition on Homelessness, and other organizations in
protest!</div>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>

Coalition on Homelessness, San Francisco<br>
468 Turk St.<br>
San Francisco, CA 94102<br>
vox: (415) 346.3740<br>
Fax: (415) 775.5639<br>
coh@sfo.com<br>
http://www.sfo.com/~coh</div>

--Boundary_(ID_FSQFD2NMgkzrnnxrUMbI/w)--