[Hpn] Global Peace Walk 2000 mid-point vision to East Coast and for Our Future Future

David Crockett Williams gear2000@lightspeed.net
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 18:06:02 -0700

----------begin forwarded post-------

From: <GPZONE2000@aol.com>
Subject: Global Peace Walk 2000 mid-point vision to East Coast and for Our
Future
Date: Sunday, June 04, 2000 10:44 AM

Dear Friends,

We are sending out this message calling for people to give focus to the
Global Peace Walk 2000 as we are about to begin a significant new phase.  We
are asking please for you to take up this message and spread it through all
channels.  Right now, we are the smallest the walk has been with 14 walkers
and 5 support vehicles.  We began walking on MLK's birthday January 15th
from
the San Francisco War Memorial Building and we go until the United Nations
Headquarters by the 55th Anniversary of the UN's beginning of charter on
October 24th, 2000.  We are concerned about our future, we are concerned
about our human life.

On Monday June 5th at 9am we are beginning to walk from the Ponca City, OK
City Hall toward Leavenworth, KA.  From July 1st to July 4th, close to the
Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary, we will make Global Peace Fasting for
Mother Earth and Leonard Peltier, Symbol of between Land and Life.  On July
4th, there is a Leonard Peltier Global Peace Walk Benefit Concert at Ft.
Leavenworth where Red Thunder and Blackfire will perform, and also many
punk,
hip-hop, and rock bands.

Our major date St. Louis, MO has been moved to August 12th.  We are going to
Sun Dance in South Dakota until the 9th of August and so on the 12th, we
will
reconvene at the St. Louis Zoo (where the walk will reach around July 23rd),
and walk together 6 miles to the Gateway Arch, symbolic gateway to the
East/West.  We will hold ceremony there and in the afternoon, there will be
benefit concert to raise funds to bring traditional elders to the United
Nations.  This is the gathering point for all people to walk together to
Washington, DC and New York.  We have 50 days to walk 900 miles through
Indianpolis, IN, Columbus, OH, Pittsburg, PA, and into the Capitol by the
October 4th.  On October 7th, we will join our prayer with the Global
Network
Against Nuclear Weapons and Power in Space in the LaFayette Park by the
White
House.  On October 9th, we will make a Millenium of Peace Ceremony at the
Washington National Monument and ask President Clinton to pray together as
humble human beings to claim the United States as a "Global Peace Zone."
The
original symbolic center of the Nation was to be where the Jefferson Stone
stands today, a couple hundred of feet from the Washington Monument.  Since
1994, a number of indigenous elders have made ceremony there to pray for a
rededication of the sacred symbol of the center of the Nation to be founded
upon a culture of peace.  We would like to encourage this movement and also
during this time we would like to encourage the World 13 moon calendar peace
change movement.  There will also be a concert.  We are carrying many
different peoples' prayers and concerns on this walk and during this time in
Washington, we will deliver their messages to our political leadership.

From Washington, the walk will then up toward the United Nations in New York
City passing through Baltimore and Philadelphia.  Our prayer is a Future
Generations' Prayer for "Global Peace Now!" and to develop a Spiritually
United Nations on the 55th Anniversary of the United Nations original
charter.  At this time, we would like to hold a Spiritual Environmental
Summit with indigenous elders speaking upfront about stewardship of our
Mother Earth and how to adjust our lives to reestablish a spiritual balance
between the human being and the elements of earth, water, air, and fire.  If
transportation and the venue space were available, many traditional elders
could be present.  We would like to invite environmental, peace, and
spiritual activist organizations to participate and, together, to quickly
find common sustainable ground to Protect our Land and Life for Future
Generations.

We need spiritual and material help.  Fundamentally, just let's walk
together!  Please join us at any time, just be prepared to camp and survive.
Then we need to arrange food and shelter for everybody involved.  We need to
cover gas money for the support vehicles and pay for phone, copies, etc.  We
need to find a conference room in New York in order to create the Summit.
We
need to provide transportation and lodging for the elders to come to
Washington, D.C. and New York.  If people would convert their frequent flyer
miles into travel vouchers for the elders' plane tickets this could happen.
Please consider using your network to spread this message and request.  If
you have a website, maybe it would be possible to link it to
www.globalpeacenow.org.

We need to prepare for our future.  Global Emergency Reasons.

The Global Peace Walk 2000 asks for your prayer and spiritual practice to
bring back a knowledge of mind and a symbol of peace to bring a new
consciousness and so encouraging an universal human resovlve for "Global
Peace Now."  Spirituality is the highest form of politics.

Living on the Globe with All our Friends,
Wonderful Blessing and a Beautiful Relationship.

All our relations,
Global Peace Walkers

voicemail 1888 Excite2, ext Peacezones
updates 415 267 1877
cell 1888 285 8865, ext 61389
www.globalpeacenow.org

---------end forwarded post---------

--dcw

David Crockett Williams gear2000@lightspeed.net
Offering "The Legal Revolution"
http://www.prepaidlegal.com/go/dcwilliams

General Agency Services  gear2000@lightspeed.net
http://www.angelfire.com/on/GEAR2000/genagency.html

Global Peace Walk 2000
http://www.globalpeacenow.org
Updates/Voicemail 415-267-1877

Global Emergency Alert Response
http://www.angelfire.com/on/GEAR2000

USCampaign  gear2000@onemain.com
D C Williams for President, Leonard Peltier for VP
http://www.egroups.com/group/williams-peltier

Science & Technology in Society & Public Policy List
http://www.egroups.com/group/dcwilliams

The Vision of Paradise on Earth, DCWilliams
http://www.angelfire.com/on/GEAR2000/vision.html

Nuclear Disarmament & Economic Conversion Act
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/prop1/petition.html

Easy way to Email Media and Government
http://congress.nw.dc.us/wnd

"An Agenda for Peace", one Global Peace Walk support letter
http://www.angelfire.com/on/GEAR2000/agenda.html