[Hpn] Hello?

Anitra Freeman anitra@speakeasy.org
Sun, 04 Jun 2000 17:27:03 -0700 (PDT)

For everyone who has expressed anger over the rumor that "HPN is no
more" -- what I have learned is that a person who had been subscribed to
HPN 2 years ago when it was at another address tried to resubscribe
without result and therefore thought that HPN was gone.  He then sent
out his "new list" mail to addresses that he had saved from previous
membership days.

This was *not* a troll, nor an attempt to discredit Tom, nor an attempt
to divide the HPN community.  It was an honest confusion, which has been
cleared up.

We all have legitimate reasons to feel like someone's out to get us.
But if we don't want to be damaged by rumors that other people start,
maybe it would be best not to assume evil intentions -- don't leap into
battle before you've identified an enemy?

"Check it out before you pass it on."

Write On! / Anitra L. Freeman / http://www.speakeasy.org/~anitra/
"Never doubt that a small group of imperfect people can improve the
world--indeed they are the only ones who ever have." Not Margaret Mead