[Hpn] NEW RUDY-SAME OLD SHIT

ARON KAY pieman@pieman.org
Sat, 03 Jun 2000 11:02:59 -0400

Mayor Giuliani Actively Seeks to Bulldoze 600+- Community Gardens on
June 5th 2000

More Gardens! is on camping alert for the 600+- community gardens in
possible danger on Monday
June 5th's state appellate court hearing (in Brooklyn).
Giuliani's Lawyers are reaching out to bulldoze down the state requested
temporary restraining
order (injunction) and with it our precious community
gardens! The people will resist this attempt to destroy our hard worked
for communities.
This Mayor is giving away our tens of thousands vacant lands and
buildings to rich private
developers and then pits housing versus gardens. The people
are not fools. This bountiful city needs to build appropriate housing
for the homeless, fixed
income, and working class people first. Community
gardens  being an integral part of the community building. Gardens and
housing hand in hand.

When:   Sunday June 4th
              3pm- till necessary
What :  Setting up Camp,  Tree climbing, Puppet making,
           and other surprises:
           Prepare for bulldozers on Monday June 5th
Where:  Stannard-Diggs Community Garden
            E. 6th Street between C and D Avenues

When: Monday June 5th, 9am
What: Rally for All Gardens. Gardeners, school children and families
come to  a vigil and
parade at their garden
Where: Union Prospect Block Association Community Garden, in the Bronx
             Union Street between 168 and  Home

212 - 330 6851
www.moregardens.org

More Gardens! meeting
What: Encampment, Legal, Legislation, and outreach
When: 7pm Monday June 5th
Where: Stannard-Diggs Community Garden (Rain Space Basement of 219
E.7th)

--
ARON KAY
Visit me at http://www.pieman.org