[Hpn] Mega-Shelter Planning

HOBOMATT@aol.com HOBOMATT@aol.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:53:27 -0400 (EDT)

 bdeforge@umaryland.edu writes:

<< JESUSONTHEWAY@aol.com wrote:

 I am trying to get a homeless facility started in North Carolina. I was
 wondering if anyone had any additional insight. The facility will provide
 academic and vocational training, as well as, job placement opportunities.>>

I would suggest that anyone in the planning stages of homeless activities get
a hold of the Center for Poverty Solutions in Baltimore. They have published
quite a lot on the topic of homeless campuses (they don't like 'em) and also
maintain a Resource Center for agencies doing planning or research. They are
at:

http://www.ctrforpovertysolutions.org/index.html

Matthew Parkhouse, RN; Colorado Springs, CO