[Hpn] Re: Colorado Springs Mega-Shelter

Bruce R. Deforge bdeforge@umaryland.edu
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:56:00 -0400 (EDT)

You might want to get a couple of tool kits and some reports produced by
the Federal Govt as an initial start

1.  "In from the cold:  A tool kit for creating safe havens for
homeless people on the street"  Dept of Health and Human Services,
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for
Mental Health Services & Dept of Housing and Urban Development, Office of
Community Planning and Development, The Office of Special Needs and
Assistance Programs

2. "Mental and Homelessness:  AGuide for Mental Health Planning and
Advisory Councils"   Dept of Health and Human Services,
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for
Mental Health Services

3.  "Homelessness:  Barriers to Using Mainstream Programs" US General
Accounting Offcie (GAO/RCED 00-184)

4.  Contact the Homeless Programs branch Dept of Health and Human

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000 JESUSONTHEWAY@aol.com wrote:

> I am trying to get a homeless facility started in North Carolina. I was
> wondering if anyone had any additional insight. The facility will provide
> academic and vocational training, as well as, job placement opportunities.

Bruce R. DeForge, Ph.D.
Research Associate Professor
University of Maryland at Baltimore
School of Nursing
Department of Behavioral and Community Health Nursing
655 West Lombard Street, Room 675B
Baltimore, MD  21201
Office:  (410) 706-7726
Fax:  (410) 706-0253