[Hpn] Bushville encampment at RNC seeks supplies & cash - PPEHRC/KWRU fw

Tom Boland wgcp@earthlink.net
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 11:09:55 -0700 (PDT)

FWD  14 Jul 2000 via Poor People's Economic Human Rights Campaign list
     From: "Kensington Welfare Rights Union" <kwru@libertynet.org>

     [PPEHRC]:Donate supplies for "Bushville"

Poor and homeless families from around the country are
making preparations to come to Philadelphia and march on
opening day of the Republican National Convention to demand
our economic human rights.

For the weekend leading up to July 31, we will erect an
encampment to house all of the marchers.  We are calling it
"Bushville" and it will be where poor families will sleep,
eat and participate in educationals and prayer services.

Today we are calling for donations to help make the
encampment a success.

Here's what we need:
wood pallets
tarps
big tents (4-8 person tents)
blankets
couches
hammers and nails
cribs
cots
plywood
2x4's

You can help ensure that "Bushville" is a success by making
a contribution of some of the things from the above list or
a monetary donation to help us purchase those items.
Donations can be brought to our office or mailed to us.  We
are desperate for your help as we make sure that the voices
of the poor are heard during the Republican National
Convention.

---
CONTACT INFO:

Kensington Welfare Rights Union
NUHHCE, ASFCME, AFL-CIO
PO Box 50678
Philadelphia, PA 19132-9720
Phone: 215/203-1945
Fax:   215/203-1950
email: kwru@libertynet.org
web:   http://www.kwru.org

---
Economic Human Rights Campaign updates are distributed via the
"kwru-announce" email list. To subscribe, E-mail to:
<kwru-announce-on@libertynet.org>