[Hpn] TORONTO: Psychiatric Survivor Pride 2000: Instance of Resistance

Graeme Bacque gbacque@idirect.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 06:21:27 -0400

A Celebration of Institutional Resistance JULY 10-15, 2000

July 10 to July 13 - look for workshops on:
-Target policing and community treatment orders
- History of the anti-psychiatry movement
- Banner/sign design

Friday, July 14 BASTILLE DAY:
- History of QSMHC (Queen Street Mental Health Centre) workshop
- 8 PM: Candlelight vigil at Queen Street Mental Health Centre to remember
those lives lost in institutions

Saturday, July 15:
11 AM: Street parade
1 PM: Events at Trinity Bellwoods Park:
- Healing Circle
- Alternative healing workshop
- Community stage
- Art showcase

We invite you to attend a community meeting on
June 6 and 20, 2000
July 4 and 11, 2000
Parkdale Community Legal Services
165 Dufferin St., Toronto

For more information call (416) 531-2411 x401 or e-mail <psychepride@yahoo.com>

Instance of Resistance is the culminating event of a week-long movement to
resist institutional control  and oppression, focusing on the
anti-psychiatry movement. Events include workshops, a vigil, demonstration
and more. If your group would like to participate in our parade, endorse
the event, help organize or volunteer, please contact us.