[Hpn] Food For Thought on Homelessness: You know you are homeless, if

Morgan W. Brown morganbrown@hotmail.com
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 13:49:59 -0500

Dear fellow homeless or formerly homeless travelers (peers),

I am beginning the process of gearing up to do some more writing on
homelessness; but not for any particular publication yet really. Just some
thoughts and insights that I have been pondering and mulling over which seem
to be inspiring me.

One is a query that I want to ask and open up for discussion to those on the
HPN list for people-(people who either are homeless or formerly homeless) to
help me by making recommendations so I can come with a list which I will
then compile something from what is suggested by others.

The query (from which the results will end up an educational and
consciousness raising tool -- I guess or something like that) will be:

You know you are homeless, if:

Please send all responses to the HPN list as I think it is best to have all
suggestions out in the open to help support, foster and inspire others in
this process.

I do not know if anyone ever has done something in this vein before, but
even if someone has -- I think it is time to build and expand on that work.
If you have ever compiled such a document or know of anything like it out
there somewhere, please feel to direct the list's attention to it. If no one
has done anything in this regard before, then it is definitely time to.

There are several obvious reasons why this came to mind for me, including
those times when people have tried to say that I am not really homeless when
indeed I have been and am; as well as many others things people say, think
or have done to me and others who are homeless or those who are formerly
homeless.

Feel free to share any thoughts you may have in this regard if you want to.

Because I will not have online access for the next two days (until Tuesday
morning (1/2/2001), I will be offline. On Tuesday I will make sure to check
the HPN list for anything anyone sends on this query. Please do not bother
cc'ing a message to me if you are also sending to the list. I will still be
able to view all sends when I get back online Tuesday.

Morgan <morganbrown@hotmail.com>
Morgan W. Brown
Montpelier Vermont USA

PS  If you have not been there either before or recently,
make sure to visit Sundog Stories: http://www.sundogstories.net