[Hpn] Homeless in Portland Oregon / CAMP DIGNITY - day 13 / LINK to updates (fwd) updates (fwd)

Tom Boland wgcp@earthlink.net
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 01:04:13 -0800 (PST)

http://www.systemsolver.com/oregoncamps/ FWD Planned Camps in Portland, Oregon Not legal, but not illegal either according to a Judge, these camps have been planned by people who are or have been homeless. Click here to see latest email message from Street Roots. Call (503) 659-9384 and ask for Hannah if you know somebody that is looking to get involved ----------------------------------------------- From: beditor@streetroot.org Date sent: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 12:10:56 -0800 Subject: Camp Dignity...day 13 Ola dignitarians, Our 13th day of Dignity brings us many new developments, including a new site. For those of you who may not know, Dignity relocated to SE Water Ave underneath the Morrison Bridge. I encourage everyone to pay them a visit, the new site is beautiful; centrally located, accessible to transit, view of downtown. Hopefully, the city will allow them to sit tight for a little while. Outreach is going well, we are being flooded with calls and visiters to the camp who want to know how they can help. Because I am becoming a bit overwhelmed, volunteer Hannah Zaiv has offered to do some volunteer coordinating for the campaign. She can be contacted at (503) 659-9384 if you know somebody that is looking to get involved. The camp participants have asked for some materials to aid the functioning of the camp. We can help them with: Tent-safe heaters Propane cooking stoves Propane 5 to 10 man nylon tents A large canopy Propane lanterns If you know were to get any of these items, they would be much appreciated. We have had great media coverage lately. The television stations have come onboard and broadcast some very favorable pieces. Channels 2 and 6 have done the most recent reporting, and channel 8 is in the works. I will be getting tapes of the broadcasts and will set up a "video viewing" session soon so that everyone has a chance to see the coverage. Don't forget, the campaign meeting will be Thursday at 6pm at the camp. It should be a good one. Right now, Robin, Mark and I are off to talk to Commissioner Sten. Wish us luck! In solidarity, Bryan END FORWARD Visit HPN for CONSTANTLY UPDATING NEWS on Homeless People organizing: *********************************************************** 9000+ articles by or via homeless & ex-homeless people INFO & to join/leave list - Tom Boland <wgcp@earthlink.net> Nothing About Us Without Us - Democratize Public Policy ***********************************************************