[Hpn] Re: HUD Homeless GRANTS

HOBOMATT@aol.com HOBOMATT@aol.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 19:01:01 -0500 (EST)

Well, the bult of the country seems to have done real well by HUD. We here in
Colorado Springs just found how we fared with the Continuum of Care HUD
grants. In a word; we got hosed. Two very worthy programs and one sort of
worthy one got major reductions, three new applicants got nothing. No real
explanation of why, other than "population and need ratios". Maybe they
figured if we had the private bucks to rearrange our existing emergency
services into a $6 million mega-shelter, we didn't really need the HUD funds.
In reality, some of these services will probably fold with the full HUD
funding.
Matt Parkhouse, RN;
Colorado Springs, CO