[Hpn] Re: [nasna] HUD Homeless GRANTS - White House PRESS RELEASE 23 Dec 2000 (fwd) Dec 2000 (fwd)

forrest curo forest@cts.com
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 15:20:40

>The President also will announce the
>publication of a final rule requiring Public Housing Authorities
>(PHAs) to promote economic integration in public housing.

[etc.]

Has anyone analyzed all the hype in the announcement this came from? For
example, does this mean that the poorest of the poor get to live in nice
developments?
	What I BELIEVE this is saying, is that they will continue to include a few
units of "affordable housing" for moderate income people wherever the
developers of rich people's housing want to get public subsidies and other
preferential treatment. While the truly poor get kicked out of any housing
whatsoever.
	If this is NOT what's going on, please let me know.

Forrest Curo
Street Light
San Diego