[Hpn] Re: Help is in your home

Stephen Twig Meeks s_meeks99@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:37:06 -0800 (PST)

Yes;
John is a nyceguy definitely. I have known him since I
have been in Austin. He not only helps people on a
personal level; he is involved with our cold weather
shelter program here, also as an artist.

Yes, John was houseless. As a matter of fact, he used
to sleep under a bridge near a creek. However, through
his perserverance in overcoming obstacles, as well as
honing his natural artistic skills, he has been able
to achieve stabiltiy with his work/life.

As a sci/fi author I admire said "TANSTAFL" (There
Ain't No Such Thing As a Free Lunch).

No matter what path we choose or where we head toward
on our goals, we first need to recoginze that we must
get off of our ass to take care of our own needs,
rather than let someone do it for us.

What is given us are tools so that we may use them to
help us achieve self sufficiency.

=====