[Hpn] Man found frozen to death in Regina

Graeme Bacque graeme.bacque@3web.net
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:51:00 -0500

--=======3A4C7C3D=======

--=====================_1270123==_.ALT

http://cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view.cgi?/news/2000/12/20/frozen001220
Man found frozen to death in Regina
WebPosted Wed Dec 20 19:17:21 2000

REGINA - Regina police say they believe the cold weather killed a man in
his 30s who died early Wednesday morning.
He was found beside a dumpster. Police think he may have been one of the
city's street people. The temperature at the time was about -20 C, but the
wind chill made it feel -45 C.

"What we do know is that this area was frequented by our street persons,"
said Sgt. Dave Wyatt of the Regina City Police.

"People in the area said that a number of times they would come out and see
these types of individuals hanging out in this area, just trying to keep
warm and it appears this person may have just laid down to sleep . . . and
then quickly thereafter the weather took its effects."

The man is the second person in Regina to die this winter as a result of
the frigid weather.

Graeme <graeme.bacque@3web.net>
http://bacque.graeme.tripod.com

--=====================_1270123==_.ALT-- --=======3A4C7C3D======= Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; x-avg-checked=avg-ok-7C0419AA --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.219 / Virus Database: 103 - Release Date: 12/5/00 --=======3A4C7C3D=======--