[Hpn] Fw: action alert

homey homey@ids.net
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 18:11:11 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_VylxVzOT7TbQLT4/AkbrcQ)

Hi all,

I am posting information about the following action..
Please bring a sign or poster and friends are always welcome.  Please =
pass on this notice.  If you have questions, please feel free to email =
me or call me at 351-5252.  Remember to dress warm!!

Date: December 21, 2000
Time: noon (lunch hour)
Place: Ten Weybosset Street, Providence, RI
          Outside building (HUD office on the fifth floor)
           =20
People to End Homelessness is sponsoring an action geared around =
affordable housing.  The availability of affordable rental units is at =
an all time low, yet HUD continually issues vouchers instead of building =
permanent units.

As you may know vouchers are extremely hard to use in areas where there =
are low vacancy rates and high rents due to increased demand.  A recent =
report by CHAPA showed that 30 percent of families receiving vouchers in =
Rhode Island fail to find a suitable unit to rent.  In other words they =
loose their chance at affordable housing by failing to find a unit that =
meets the qualifications.  HUD continues to give vouchers that in many =
towns are useless.

So an action to remind HUD of their responsibility to promote permanent =
housing to stablize communities.=20
Please join us in sending a message that we need permanent affordable =
housing units not more vouchers..cause vouchers are not working.

Catherine Rhodes
People to End Homelessness

--Boundary_(ID_VylxVzOT7TbQLT4/AkbrcQ)

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am posting information about the following=20
action..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Please bring a sign or poster and friends are always =

welcome.&nbsp; Please pass on this notice.&nbsp; If you have questions, =
please=20
feel free to email me or call me at 351-5252.&nbsp; Remember to dress=20
warm!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Date: December 21, 2000</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Time: noon (lunch hour)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Place: Ten Weybosset Street, Providence, =
RI</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT =
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Outside=20
building (HUD office on the fifth floor)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>People to End Homelessness is sponsoring an action =
geared=20
around affordable housing.&nbsp; The availability of affordable rental =
units is=20
at an all time low, yet HUD continually issues vouchers instead of =
building=20
permanent units.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>As you may know vouchers are extremely hard to use =
in areas=20
where there are low vacancy rates and high rents due to increased =
demand.&nbsp;=20
A recent report by CHAPA showed that 30 percent of families receiving =
vouchers=20
in Rhode Island fail to find a suitable unit to rent.&nbsp; In other =
words they=20
loose their chance at affordable housing by failing to find a unit that =
meets=20
the qualifications.&nbsp; HUD continues to give vouchers that in many =
towns are=20
useless.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>So an action to remind HUD of their responsibility =
to promote=20
permanent housing to stablize communities. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Please join us in sending a message that we need =
permanent=20
affordable housing units not more vouchers..cause vouchers are not=20
working.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Catherine Rhodes</DIV>
<DIV>People to End =
Homelessness</DIV></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_VylxVzOT7TbQLT4/AkbrcQ)--