[Hpn] Thoughts to share for next week

H. C. Covington icanamerica@email.msn.com
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 10:44:47 -0600

Thoughts to start a really hard week for many of us.

**********
Mind Your Significant Others

If there is light in the soul, there will be beauty in the person
If there is beauty in the person, there will be harmony in the house
If there is harmony in the house, there will be order in the nation
If there is order in the nation, there will be Peace in the World.
--Chinese Proverb

**********
Mind Your Business

If all the gold in the world were melted down into a solid cube it
would be about the size of an eight-room house.  If a man got
possession of all that gold ,-- billions of dollars worth, he could
not buy a friend, character, peace of mind, clear conscience, or a
sense of eternity.
-- Charles F Banning

**********
Mind Your Life

Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul
that knows it not, knows no release from little things.
-- Amelia Earhart

**********
Mind Your Mind

Peace is not the product of a victory or a command.  It has no
finishing line, no final deadline, no fixed definition of achievement.
Peace is a never-ending process, the work of many decisions.
--Oscar Arias

*********
Mind Your Manners

How easy it is to repel and erase every impression which is
troublesome or unwelcome, and immediately to be tranquil.
--Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

**********
Mind Your Soul

But peace does not rest in the charters and covenants alone. It lies
in the hearts and minds of all people. So let us not rest all our
hopes on parchment and on paper, let us strive to build peace, a
desire for peace, a willingness to work for peace in the hearts and
minds of all of our people. I believe that we can. I believe the
problems of human destiny are not beyond the reach of human beings --
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Happy Holidays Family, I miss you.

Sonny